Friday, December 6, 2013

The Antiques Shop...

Sometimes I wake up wondering what I'm going to blog about. Inspiration strikes in many different ways. But today, I knew exactly what I was going to write about... My great-grandmother! She was a woman well ahead of the times. She was a mover and shaker. She was a business owner! It was almost unheard of for a woman to own her own business back then. Guess what her business was? She owned an antiques shop! Her shop was called Wee Welken Antiques.

So I feel that antiques run deep in my veins. I have heard so many stories about my beloved great-grandmother through the years. I only wish I could have met her. But I feel like I have in a way. Through her influence on my mom, I feel like I know my great-grandmother. My mom sounds just like her. Beautiful inside and out.


Here are some pretty shops that caught my eye from pinterest. I envision her shop looking just as pretty once upon a time...










Happy Friday. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment