Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'll Pass On The Fruit...

Good morning.

I am being a bit of a wild woman this morning... I am going to a spin class {I've NEVER done one} and then to my workout. Yikes! I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous. Can I do it? Can I keep up? Am I going to die right there on the bike? Will the EMTs need to be called? Oh, so many questions!

As I was scrolling through facebook yesterday, there was one of those quizzes that people take to find out if they are this or that. {You know those quizzes...} This particular quiz infuriated me. It was: what kind of fruit is your body! What??

Ladies, we are NOT apples, pears, bananas, or butternut squash. Most of us know this, but with obnoxious quizzes like that out there, it might be left buzzing in someone's head.

We are beautiful women who should not be bullied to feel badly about ourselves by dumb quizzes or magazine pictures. We are lovely no matter what our shape and we are more than just our shape!





When I find something I love, I shout it from the rooftops. I love to encourage women to find their bliss {whatever that is.} I have been singing the praises of my trainer to my friends because I have transformed from these workouts both in my mind and in my body. Two of my best girlfriends are now signing up too. My friend said "I was resigned to the fact that I have two kids and will always have a little bit of a belly. But I don't think that's true anymore." She was up at 4:45 a.m. and at class by 5:15. I am so proud of her!! If she was comfortable with her body, then by all means skip the workout classes. But if she's not comfortable in her skin and she wants to do something about, I'm so happy for her. It's honestly not about weight... It's about how you feel in your mind about yourself. Mind-Body Connection.


 
 
 
My motto has become strong body, strong mind. For me, it's so true. It is so empowering to feel physically strong {remember I have NEVER been a workout or gym person.} This mindset has come from the HIIT {high intensity interval training} that I've been doing. I feel better than ever and I'm going to keep going with it. So... I am shouting it from the rooftops because it has made me feel strong both mentally and physically. It has made me feel powerful. Empowered.



This is just my journey that I'm sharing with you. Remember, you are not and will never be a fruit. You are a strong, empowered, beautiful woman.

xo

pics via: pinterest






No comments:

Post a Comment