Tuesday, November 4, 2014

He Humbles Me...

You know how I love my Isabel, right? Well there is a new sheriff in town and his name is Bob.

Bob and I are in the midst of trying to bond. We don't know each other's quirks yet. I know Isabel backward, forward, inside out, upside down... and she knows me.

But Bob, oh Bob... We aren't in sync yet. I have been riding him lately instead of my sweet Isabel. It's good to switch it up sometimes because it makes you a better rider.

So Bob doesn't canter all that easily. You have to ask him just right. So far, I haven't been asking him just right. Yesterday I used spurs {gulp} while riding for the first time ever. I was nervous using them. Like... what if Bob thinks: "um, excuse me? What are you poking into my side?" See... we don't know each other well enough yet.

So after about 10 tries, I finally asked him "just right" and off we went. It was liberating! But let me tell you something... He seriously humbles me. Just when I think I have this riding thing all figured out, along comes Bob to tell me "slow your roll sister. You have a lot of learning to go."

He teaches me patience. Perseverance. Tenacity. To listen. To feel. To ask just right. And so many other things.

I really can't tell if he likes me yet.

He's big and beautiful. He is bold. He has such a presence.

He is nothing at all like riding my Isabel.

But I think it's a good thing to feel humble. I know I can look forward to that feeling at least once a week now until Bob and I can get it together. {Come on Bob... I'm rooting for you here...}


Here he is in his blankie munching on some hay before our ride. Easy to ride? No. Not even close. But a sweet boy he definitely is...


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment