Monday, March 9, 2015

Lots and Lots Of Seeds...

Chia seeds.

Flax seeds.

Hemp seeds.


Every morning I make organic oatmeal with organic berries {blueberries, raspberries and blackberries} and top it off with almond milk, organic raw honey and two tablespoons each of the above listed seeds. It is the most delicious breakfast ever. Oh, and did I mention it's pretty healthy?

These little super seeds hardly have a taste but they pack a super punch where it counts. So why wouldn't I add them to my oatmeal? Sometimes I even put them in my yogurt {I still have yet to go 100 % vegan. But that is for another time because I'm not sure if I'll be pure vegan or more "veganish."}

Back to the seeds... They are easy to find now in most grocery stores. You don't have to trudge all the way to the specialty health food store these days. But my suggestion is to buy organic whenever possible. I would rather spend more money on food and health any day than go buy a new shirt or pair of shoes. The investment in your health is priceless.

A few things chia seeds reportedly help with: energy, blood sugar levels, endurance, strength,  digestion, slowing the aging process and brain functioning. Yep, sounds good to me!

Chia seeds also reportedly have 3 x the iron as spinach, 5 x the calcium of milk, 2 x the potassium of bananas, 2 x the protein of any other seed or grain and 3 x the antioxidant strength of blueberries.

I mean come on. Enough said, right?



Enjoy some chia!

xo

pic via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment