Monday, October 27, 2014

Flea Market Foraging...

Good morning and Happy Monday!

It was a lovely weekend in CT.

Yesterday was a little chilly, but still nice enough to go to a fantastic flea market called the Elephant's Trunk. It was about an hour from my house, but a lot of fun.

I went with my mom and brother. It is late in the season for really good flea markets. But it was still a fun day spent together. I bought one thing... another blue seltzer bottle. I can't help myself. I adore them. Did I need it? No. But it's the blue ones that I covet. Usually they are clear. So now I have two.


 I put it near my collection of light blue apothecary bottles and dried lavender.



The other thing I did was refinish a table and chairs. I wanted to have it for sale by today, but it didn't exactly work out that way. It was so much more work than I thought it would be. It took me all day on Saturday just to do the chairs. I painted the table last night. I have to distress and wax the entire thing still. So it's not quite for sale yet, but it is almost finished. That is definitely progress considering I haven't refinished a piece in for-ev-er.

I have a sweet vintage farm table waiting in the hopper and a paw foot pedestal table and chairs as well. Those are next on the agenda. Then I have a great trestle table and a few smaller pieces to refinish. I don't want to buy more pieces until I finish the ones that are filling my studio. But I have made the leap back into the biz and I couldn't be happier!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment