Thursday, July 31, 2014

Because I Don't Quit...

Tomorrow is a new day... a day to take the plunge and just do it!

I know this might sound silly to some, but it spikes my nerves to think about what I'm going to attempt. It will be my first time ever going to Crossfit. It's a free class so I'm going to give it a whirl. I'm hoping that I love it as much as I loved working out with my personal trainer. Crossfit is way less expensive though. That is the only reason why I'm leaving my personal trainer. Since March, she has trained me twice a week. She has taught me well and instilled a drive in me to keep kicking butt. And my heart is filled with gratitude towards her. Maybe this is being dramatic, but I feel like she got my life on course in terms of health... once I started working out hard, everything else followed suit. I have a whole new perspective on healthy living and lifestyle all because of her. She rocks.

Needless to say that I'm super nervous for tomorrow, but I'm going to do it. Even if my knees are shaking and my palms are sweating and my heart is beating through my chest, I am going to do it. I will do it. And that's that.

Sometimes you just need to get a bee in your bonnet and let it sting you 5 times on the ear to keep you running in the right direction. And the direction of health is the way I want to run.

I keep telling myself: "I got this" {but I have yet to believe it...}

I love challenging myself... pushing myself out of my comfort zone... feeling strong. This is one of those sink or swim moments for me. My sessions with my trainer ended. I can sign up again {but it's super expensive} I can stop working out altogether {but that's not happening}, or... I can join Crossfit...  I mean, I know those aren't my only options, but they kinda are the only options in my head.

I hope it's fun. I hope it's hard. I hope it's challenging. I hope I meet great people. I hope it keeps me feeling fit and strong. I hope, I hope, I hope... fingers crossed.



I'm adopting this as my new mantra...

 

 
 
xo
 
pic via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment