Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Little This... A Little That...

It's Thanksgiving Eve...

It snowed today! Not a lot but enough to close schools. I didn't work today because I was afraid the roads would be icy. So now I really have a nice, long weekend ahead of me!

I worked out yesterday and today and for some reason I'm really sore. Like I can hardly walk kind of sore. So tonight, we stay in... Not that we would have hit the town otherwise. We are homebodies.

Tomorrow morning: yoga class. There is just one morning class each year on Thanksgiving and it is such a warm, cozy, good vibe kind of class. I adore going to it.

Tomorrow night: Out to dinner with my family.

Friday night: My brother's house for another dinner with family.

Saturday: Decorate the house for Christmas. We usually do it the day after Thanksgiving. This year we decided to decorate very simply and minimally. My hubs works A LOT and it's just too hard this year to decorate the outside of the house like we normally do. But I will do a few pretty touches around.

This is how I envision Christmas in my head. Like I'm in the Swiss Alps with reindeer on leashes, wearing a cool Nordic sweater and my hair is tied in the perfect halo braid. Then I snap out of my delusion, realize I am not living on an Anthropologie catalog cover, and reality hits me over the head. I'm at home in Connecticut, my hair is in desperate need of a trim and instead of reindeer on leashes, I have my crazy dogs dragging me along in pursuit of a squirrel or any other critter that has caught their attention. But a girl can dream, no?




So as far as keeping my decor simple, there will be no living reindeer in my yard but rather two tall urns filled with logs, greens and white lights. And maybe if I can find a pinecone or two in my woods, I will put a dash of them in the urn as well. Pretty. Simple. {My urn is much prettier than that pot shown in the pic.}




One of my favorite decorations is my antique sled that my brother bought me for Christmas a few years ago. I hang greens off it and an old pair of my ice skates that have not seen ice in over a decade. They hurt my feet... But it makes for a delicious decoration on the porch! Simple. Pretty.




I'm sure I'll have more things to say and do regarding Xmas decor, but this is my start.

Enjoy time spent with your loved ones tomorrow.

Remember loved ones no longer with us.

May peace and love envelop you, my friends.

xo

Pictures via: Anthropologie, pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment