Saturday, December 13, 2014

Knockers...

Get your mind out of the gutter!

Front door knockers!

I want to find a vintage horse knocker for my front door. All of the sudden, it's all I can think about. We have an okay knocker. It was a gift from a friend. I'm not over the moon in love with it, but it's what we have been using on our front door for years. We have a side door that goes into our family room that I can put that one on.

The front door needs a horse head. Yes, it needs it. It will add to my transformation of my New England Colonial into my New England Wannabe Farmhouse.

For some reason I am picky about this knocker though. I mean really... aren't there other things to think about? Not as I browse through pinterest, ebay and etsy this afternoon.

Here are some of what I came across:


I almost bought this one off Etsy. I still might. I can't decide if it needs to be a horse head or just equestrian themed to make me swoon.





This is cute but not exactly what i'm looking for. Too Texas or something.





I love this one. I don't know if the head will stick out too much for the glass storm door though. But I want the ring through the mouth. That's what I mean by I'm being picky.





I love how old and rusty this one looks.


 
 
 
I always somehow seem to find what I'm looking for while I'm out antiquing. I just have to be patient. Which is NOT my virtue by the way...

Okay, one more thing. I know this is not going to fly with the husband though. Our front door is red. You would think I would be in Heaven with a red front door because it's oh so farm girl chic, right?

Well I'm not. I want it to be robin's egg blue. I know that sounds less farmhouse and more cottage on the beach. But this girl just wants a happy blue front door with a horse head knocker. That's not too much to ask for, right? Every day when I walk through that front door, it will bring a smile to my face. And life is about the little things that make you happy. Not a big mansion, not a yacht, but a blue front door with maybe an old rusty stirrup as a knocker.


Here is a blue door that would make me swoon...





Happy Saturday to you.

xo

pics via: pinterest, etsy, ebay


No comments:

Post a Comment