Thursday, November 21, 2013

Finding Your Flow...


Hi Ladies. (This post is for the ladies, sorry gents.)
 
We are all wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, nieces, aunts and friends to many. With so many roles, we sometimes to forget where we fall on that totem pole of people. We get busy just living life and forget to slow our roll. Sometimes we don’t even know what we would do with free time if we even had it.
Stop and take a moment. Literally. Stop for a moment and ask yourself “what is something I can do to fill my soul… recharge my batteries…find my flow.” Flow happens when you are doing something that you are completely engrossed in, and for that 1 hour of time, your mind is engaged and present, not worrying about all the things you have to do later, not kicking yourself for not finishing them yesterday, but rather you are immersed wholeheartedly in what you are doing. That is flow. And it is a beautiful thing that I wish for every woman out there to find.
Perhaps it’s something you used to do but now feel you no longer have the time. Maybe it’s something you’ve always wanted to try but never did. I am such a huge advocate of helping people (women especially) find their flow because it is extremely empowering, and the added benefit is that when you are happy, it trickles down to the entire family.
 A mother or wife who is depleted and exhausted from doing for everyone else does not have much in her reserve tank to give to herself. She only gets the leftover energy, but it’s not radiant energy coming from a place deep within her soul.
I promise you, finding your flow is NOT selfish. It is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself and for your loved ones. It takes some trial and error to find your flow though. Experiment, try a few different things. You will know when you find it... you can’t sleep the night before because you’re so excited to imagine your next photography assignment, or you are literally speeding to get to that cooking class, or you realize after you just walked out of that dance class that you feel happier than you’ve felt in ages. You will just know…
My best friend sent me this picture. It speaks volumes and is so true. And necessary.
 
 
 
Here is a picture of my flow. This girl gives me the exact feeling that I described above… pure adrenaline rush and joy. Riding energizes me and fills my soul. Truly. My sweet Isabell. Love, love, love her.
 

Painting and refinishing furniture is another way for me to stay in the moment. I go into my workshop, put on some music, and I quickly realize how soothing painting is to my soul.
 
What is your flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment