Saturday, November 30, 2013

The 25 Day Countdown...

Ever since I was little, I have loved advent calendars. There was always something so exciting about the anticipation of opening each day with a little surprise... until you finally got to the end. I still like advent calendars, even as an adult. My favorite ones aren't the traditional ones with little doors to open. No, my favorite ones are little sacks tied with bakers twine and held on with clothes pins. What could be cuter?

This mini stocking garland is from Garnet Hill. It's so colorful and fun!



This little kit comes from Etsy. It's exactly what I mean with little sacks, twine and clothes pins. Drape it across the mantel. How sweet.



The next two are also from Etsy. {I know... I have a slight obsession with all things Etsy.} I think the glassine bags are easy and fun. I love the different stickers for each day of the month. Again, there is baker's twine and clothes pins to be had!




This is also from Etsy. Simple stamps on little burlap or muslin bags tied with jute. Really easy and adorable! A good DIY with kids too.



I know, I know... this isn't an advent calendar. But it's the coziest stocking I've ever laid eyes on from Anthropologie. I love it!
 
I have also been working on a few pieces of furniture that I will post later today. Perfect for the holiday season... Stay tuned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment