Monday, December 2, 2013

The Icing On The Cake...

This is my absolute favorite time of year. It just makes me happy to be decorating, listening to Christmas music, shopping for family and friends and the overall feeling that's in the air. We finished decorating the outside of the house yesterday. It was a lot of effort, but it looks beautiful. Boxwood garland mixed with other greenery draped across my front porch railings and above our family room window. Delicious! White candles in each window. And finally... the wreaths went up. The wreaths are the finishing touch in my book... like the icing on the cake. I adore Christmas wreaths. Actually, I like all sorts of wreaths, but that's for another time. Here are some wreaths from pinterest that I thought you might enjoy. They definitely inspired me...


I love the sheep bells tucked inside. If I had bells like that, I would most definitely be putting them on my wreath. Maybe by next year I will.



A simple wreath with no decor. Just the wreath itself is beautiful enough.





I love the idea of fruit on a wreath. This little pear looks so pretty with the gold sheer ribbon.




Even on a sled!! And it doesn't have to be just one wreath. You can do as many as you want. So festive.



Again, 3 in a row... and they don't just have to go on the front door. They can go on a wall, on a chair, over a bed. Be creative...




Even a wreath on a little old stone barn looks cheerful. I love this look. Well, I love barns too.



Another wreath on a sled. So perfect!

 
This is my favorite kind of wreath. A boxwood wreath. Ugh, I die. So beautiful, simple and elegant. Such little things get me excited...


I hope you found a bit of inspiration here when decorating your home for the holidays. Feel free to comment or ask questions! I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment