Sunday, December 22, 2013

Keeping A Positive Nest...

Good morning!

First off I wanted to say that I have the best customers in the world. They sincerely make my day every time I meet them. I sold two pieces this weekend to the nicest people! Thank you both!!

My two wonderful customers got me to thinking a lot about the people around me... who I interact with on a daily basis. I am so lucky to have some amazing people in my life. My family is my biggest cheerleader... for everything. When I decided to go to graduate school, my hubs was right there, encouraging me all the way. He doesn't even get mad when I bring an ugly piece of furniture into our home because he says "well, once you paint it, I know it will look great." Even when I bring home the odd vintage decoration or two, he will just give his head a little shake and laugh. I know he always has my back.

My brothers are incredibly supportive as well. I know I can call any one of them at 2 a.m. and they would be there for me in a second flat. They love and support me in the best ways... giving honest advice and feedback, listening, helping whenever I need it. We are a tight knit group. We always have each other's backs. I am so proud of the relationship we have. And my mom thinks all of her little ducklings are the best thing since sliced bread. Talk about being a great cheerleader? She is the queen of "go for it... follow your dreams... you can do it!"

My best friend and I have the type of relationship that seems like it's too good to be true. What I mean by that is we honestly and authentically want what is best for each other. We can laugh for hours and hours about the silliest things... until our stomachs hurt and tears are dripping down our cheeks... We are not competitive with each other. We are not jealous of each other. We are not negative towards each other. We genuinely love, respect and admire each other. Priceless.

Surrounding yourself with people like this gives you the courage to fly, take chances, try new things... but also to fail... because you know that there are incredible people in your nest who will never let you fall so hard that you break your wings. Failure is a great chance to grow and learn. But sometimes it's nice to have someone who will help you up, brush the dirt off your backside, and give you a little kick to get back in the ring!

I have a few favorite quotes that resonate with me deeply and are really inspiring to me. Sometimes if I'm having a tough day, I find myself saying these quotes quietly to myself, being my own cheerleader... So, I thought I would share them with you...

"And though she be but little, she is fierce," Shakespeare. My favorite quote.

"She believed she could, so she did."

"With brave wings, she flies."





Surround yourself with positive people, both in your business and in your life. Good things will follow!

Pic via: pinterest.







No comments:

Post a Comment