Thursday, December 26, 2013

Savoring Every Last Drop...

Hi there!

I am officially on vacation! I took some time off to recharge my batteries and replenish my soul. It is vital for me to do this at least once a year. And this is the perfect time of year to do so. The year is coming to an end and it's time to start fresh. I am always on a journey to keep inner peace and balance in my life. Because when it's there, I can breathe easy, just be, and all feels well with my soul. When it's out of whack, I feel it in every fiber of my being and I don't like it one bit!

I figured it might be fun to blog about each day of my vacation; whether it's reading, going to yoga class, painting furniture, horseback riding, organizing my house, going for a hike or staying in my pj's all day long doing absolutely nothing, I will blog about it. It's a time that I can do whatever I want and it feels so exciting. No agendas, no schedules, no deadlines... I'm free as a bee. How incredibly delicious. I promised myself that I will savor every drop of it and not take one second for granted!! Even if it's lounging around all day, I will be present, acknowledge it, and enjoy it to the fullest.  I hope to inspire you in any little way to steal sweet moments in your day for yourself too. You are worth it!

I have a lot of painting and refinishing furniture to do, and for once, it's for me. It's all of my own recent purchases that I will be working on {with the exception of one great tall dresser that I will be selling. I'm kind of chomping at the bit to start that one! If you're looking for a cool vintage dresser, let me know and I can paint it custom for you!} But operation "Turn My Colonial Into My Own Sweet Little Farmhouse" is still in full swing. So I am going to continue with that project to the fullest extent. Last weekend I hit a giant warehouse tag sale again and bought lots of really fun vintage stuff.

So for today, I will be painting my own pieces of furniture. Specifically, my new dining room chairs. Six of them will take me some time, but that's my task for today. And guess what? If I don't finish, who cares! I'm on vacation and I'll roll with it and do it the next day! Love that feeling of freedom!





I love everything about this picture. It sure inspires me!



Pic via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment