Friday, December 27, 2013

Doggie Klutz, Never Ending Spindles and Yoga...

The paint I use on my pieces is a very high quality expensive paint, and to my knowledge there are only 2 places in Connecticut that sell it, both being about 45 minutes from my house. So I kind of view my paint as liquid gold... So you can imagine my horror when my dog went running past my open can of coveted cream colored paint and knocked it over... Thankfully, it didn't all spill. But I am painting my new dining room chairs with this precious cream color, all 6 of them. {This is actually the second time she knocked a can over. The first time, she left painted paw prints all over my driveway. You would think I would have learned...}

Which reminds me of why I VERY rarely refinish dining sets. I do not enjoy painting chairs with spindles. It is very time consuming and tedious. It actually stresses me out a bit. So instead of my usual Zen that I go into while painting, I have not been having fun with these chairs. But when they are all finished, I can look at them and be proud of my work. So far, it's taking me much longer than expected. I figured I would have them finished in a day, maybe two at the most. But I don't think I will have them finished until tomorrow. I think I will definitely need to go to yoga class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment