Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sometimes Even Adults Need A Time Out...

Morning y'all.

I have learned that I am not good at multi-tasking. I can do it, but I'm not all that good at it.

When I get a bee in my bonnet, I'm full steam ahead with that thing. So right now my thing is health and wellness. Which means that I've put refinishing furniture on the back burner for now.

Sure I could go out into my studio and paint pieces and sell them. But that's not how I do it. I put so much thought, effort, time, energy and love into each piece I do. It's a whole creative process for me that leaves me feeling entirely fulfilled.

I think that within a few weeks, my heart will be back into it. I just need to hit up some tag sales, antique stores and flea markets to get my juices flowing again. As soon as I find that one piece that I have to have... I'll be back. That much I know in my heart. So I'm giving myself permission to take a time out.

When I do decide to start furniture again, I'm definitely doing this! Look at those fun fabrics on the chair seats. I think it stirs up the boho girl in me. I love them! See? I haven't veered too much away from loving a good furniture project!
 




xo

pic via: Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment