Monday, January 19, 2015

Best. Salad. Ever.

Who knew there could and/or should be a recipe for a salad?! It's usually just throw in a little this and a little that and call it a day.  Or call it a salad.

Well my friends, I have discovered the most delicious salad on earth {in my opinion anyway} that I want to share with you. It is from the "Oh She Glows" website. Check out her book and facebook page too!

I changed a few small things to make it more my taste, but nothing major... Get out your pen and paper for this one. Seriously.

For the salad:
organic baby lettuce {she recommended kale}
1 organic pear, thinly sliced and chopped {she did not recommend organic, but I buy organic whenever I can find it.}
1/2 cup pomegranate arils {go to youtube to see how to open one up so easily it's silly.}
1/4 cup pepita seeds {these are the little green pumpkin seeds.}
3-4 tbsp large flake coconut
{she suggests 1-2 tbsp hemp hearts and 1-2 teaspoons of black sesame seeds, but I did not use either one.}
Sprinkle of cinnamon

For the dressing:
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt and pepper

Directions:
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
Toss in the lettuce until it is coated.
Add the toppings.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Voila. Best. Salad. Ever.

Here is a pic of it after I made it. And yes, I ate the entire giant bowl of it all by myself! Yum.





xo

No comments:

Post a Comment