Thursday, January 22, 2015

You Say Hippy... I Say Boho Chic...

Does it make me a hippy that I want to make my own laundry detergent?

I'm not saying that I want to live on a compound and not shave anymore... I'm just saying that I like the idea of knowing exactly what is going into my detergent without it being toxic chemicals.

So I've been doing a bit of research on how to do it. It seems a little annoying at first, but after the batch is actually made, it seems like you can use it for a good long while.

I usually just buy all Seventh Generation products. But for some reason I'm on a kick of making my own. You know me when I get on a kick... This kick may pass and then it's on to the next item of business.

But for now my kick is DIY natural, organic laundry detergent.

If I actually do it I'll keep you posted. It saves money too which is never a bad thing in my book.

My husband laughed when I told him I wanted to make my own. He doesn't understand why I wouldn't just keep buying the all natural stuff. I don't really get it either. I just know I have a bee in my bonnet about it so I might as well give it a whirl.

See, isn't it pretty?




xo

pic via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment