Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a safe and Happy New Year!

I don't make resolutions on New Year's. I make them on my birthday instead. It just seems more fitting for another year ahead to make them on my birthday.

But 2015 is all about my 5 year plan. {See my post from a few days ago where my new friend Joel and I had a serious heart to heart...}

I am a huge believer in vision boards. Do you know what those are? Basically you put everything that you're working towards on this board {mine is a foam board so it stands up nicely} and then you look at it every day. I did one several years ago, and can I tell you that almost every single thing came true!

So it's time for a new vision board and I am starting it in 2015!

My five year plan is to fix up my house to sell it. I love my house but it's not my dream house. The funny thing is that most people want some huge mansion as their dream house. Not us. Our house is 2,000 square feet and guess what? I want to downsize. Yep, that's right. I want a smaller house but more land. Not just any house. I want an actual farmhouse. On at least 5 acres. I want 2 horses and 2 goats. But the kicker is that I want my office to be on the second floor of my barn with a huge arched picture window overlooking the horses grazing in the pastures. Imagine the cozy, tranquil, zen environment that would provide for my clients. And me.

 You have to say it aloud and put it out to the universe. It's not about I want this or that. It's about your goals, your wishes and what makes you live a life that was designed by you, for you! It's about creating a life that you love. I already love my life. This would just be the cherry on the sundae.

Here is what I'm dreaming of:


This is the type of little farmhouse that I want. Maybe 1,700 square feet. Darling, right?




Then these beauties will be in the pastures... Heaven on earth.


 
 
 
Gorgeous with the snow in Connecticut...



Two of these little cuties and voila! Perfect amount of farm animals. I thought I wanted a few chickens to be free roaming, but honestly I don't like eggs all that much. So no chickens. Just two horses {definitely Morgans. I'm a Morgan horse snob; what can I say...} and two little goats.


And a pretty garden area where I can grow organic veggies and herbs. With a perfect spot to read, relax and let go of all the worries of the day.


And here will be my crowning glory. A two story barn for the horses and goats with a large loft office on top with a huge window. I want mine to be arched at the top though. My dream is specific...




A stone barn would be just as nice. With a balcony! I die! Truth be told I want the barn to be bigger than the house!!



Wouldn't this just make the perfect office? That top window would need to change for the bigger though.




But no farm would be complete without a German Shepherd or two to guard the place! My very favorite breed. So loyal, smart and beautiful.



I might even have a separate studio for doing yoga and refinishing furniture in that barn! Swoon!!!



So, in a nutshell... that is my five year plan. Hope you come along for the ride with me!

Happy 2015 and may blessings surround you.

xo

pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment