Sunday, January 25, 2015

To Be... Or Not To Be...

I am 95 percent vegetarian. I do love the occasional seafood dinner though. But meats... yucko. I don't know if this started because I'm an animal lover or because I just didn't like the taste of meat anymore. 

But lately I have been thinking A LOT about going vegan. I don't think it would be that drastic of a change for me. I do think it will take a lot of work to educate myself on what foods are vegan {reading entire food labels to make sure there isn't a sneaky little animal byproduct in there.} I thought the hardest things for me to give up would be yogurt, cheese and honey.

Well, let's start with the honey. I used to put honey on everything. Raw, organic honey. But... I read that honey is actually bee vomit. If that is true, I'm ready to vomit. So I switched to agave nectar instead and I love it. Then there is yogurt... I found a yogurt that I really like that is dairy-free {made of almonds.} The last thing is cheese. I adore cheese. So yesterday I bought the vegan brand called Daiya but I haven't tried it yet. If it's gross, I might be in trouble. I guess I'll have to give my taste buds time to try something new. I'm hoping my little taste buds will adjust nicely. So far so good.

Today I ordered all new makeup from 100 % Pure. Every single item that goes on my face from mascara to lip gloss is from this wonderful company. It cost a bit, but I believe it's worth it. It's investing in yourself. That's never a bad thing, right?  

Here is a direct quote of what 100 %  Pure says about their makeup:

"The absolute most healthy, the most pure line of nourishing personal care made with the highest quality ingredients. Free of any harmful toxins that are common in other cosmetics - because our skin absorbs.

Just as birth control patches and nicotine patches deliver the medication topically, whatever we apply on our skin gets absorbed which is why all 100% Pure formulas are free of harmful toxins that are commonly in other cosmetics. 100% Pure’s mission is to create the healthiest cosmetics made with the highest quality ingredients.

100% Pure creates healthy products for our body and also for the environment. Our corporate offices are run by 100% solar energy, our company is 100% electric and our pure, biodegradable formulas are packaged with post consumer recycled plastic, glass, soda cans, paper and printed with biodegradable non toxic vegetable ink. 100% Pure loves animals - we are completely cruelty free and charitable towards animal welfare."

I'm sure it's not perfect with the ingredients it uses. But it sounds like a landslide of better ingredients than most cosmetic companies use. I'm just trying my best and that's all I can do. Educate myself and try to put my money into companies who believe in health and wellness for the consumer.

I guess it's a lifestyle.

Workout

Eat healthy

Use the healthiest products you can find {including cleaning products for your home}

Get your sleep.

Those seem to be the tricks of the trade from what I've read about health and wellness. We can all use a hand from each other with learning and sharing this information. My brother said I'm going to lose all my teeth by going vegan! Ha. He's so 2014.

Here is a picture of dinner for tonight... It may not look pretty but it tastes yummy.





Be well.

~Namaste~

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment