Thursday, May 15, 2014

Joy Rising...

Yes, you know them...

Those people who walk into a room and everyone gravitates towards them...

Wants to be friends with them...

Wants to know them...

Wants to be like them...

There aren't too many people like that out there. But when you see one, you know it.

I was watching an interview with Dolly Parton yesterday. Yes, Dolly Parton. She was way before my time so I never really knew anything about her. But listening to her talk yesterday I thought, yes, she is one of those people. She exudes happiness and positivity. She radiates joy.


I once heard it called Joy Rising. I believe I heard that term from Goldie Hawn. She is another one who is before my time, but I think she is truly fantastic. She actually described herself as Joy Rising. You don't have to know her to feel it from her. She was on an interview that I watched years ago and I felt it way back then. So when writing this, Dolly came to mind first because I saw her interview yesterday. But I was thinking of other women who ooze joy and positivity and I remembered Goldie's interview. She was simply glowing with happiness.

I mean look at that laughing smile. And Kate has it too!




I guess some people might believe it's because they are rich and famous, but I don't believe that for a second. How many celebrities are out there who are arrogant, selfish, negative and miserable. So I believe it's something internal that these women have.

The other woman who I think fits under the Joy Rising title is Drew Barrymore. She is someone from my generation who is definitely one of those people. When you watch her talk, you can't help but smile. You can feel her genuineness... her happiness.

 
I love how she can be silly and have fun.

 
 
 
You can feel her joy just looking at her! 




I know I've said this before, but my yoga teacher is another one. She exudes tranquility, happiness and love. You want to talk to her. You want to be near her.

I wish the world was full of more people like these women. I know I'm going to start making more of an effort to be more of a Joy Rising kind of woman.

xo

Pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment