Monday, January 27, 2014

How Do You Choose To Spend Your Money?

Good morning! Today I want to talk shop... or shopping.

Two companies that I love are Tom's Shoes and Warby Parker. Have you heard of them? If not, here is a little lowdown...

I love a company that does good in this world... and Tom's does just that. Now, I think you are either a lover or a hater of these shoes. There is no in-between. When I first saw them {on my best friend's feet} I thought they were hideous. Then I tried them on. And I fell in love {especially with the red ones.} They are so comfy and cute. They are definitely a "shoreline thing" in this state. If you live along the shoreline, you most likely have a few pairs of these shoes. Unless you hate them...

But what you can't possibly hate is the "One For One Movement:" for each pair sold, a pair is donated to someone in need.

Here is what Tom's says and does straight from their website:

"On their own, shoes have a limited ability to change a life. But when combined with programs run by our Giving Partners, they can become a powerful tool in helping create opportunities for a better future.

Health

Shoes help protect children's feet from cuts, infections and diseases. When children are healthy, they can attend school, fight minor illnesses and grow up to reach their potential.

Education

Shoes are often required for school attendance in many countries. Providing school uniforms, which often includes shoes, to children that cannot afford them can increase school attendance by 62%.* Education is the key to mobility and vital to breaking the poverty cycle.

Confidence

Although it's less measurable, our Giving Partners consistently tell us how new shoes instill confidence in children. Confident kids are more likely to stay in school and contribute to their communities."
 
 
Here are some adorable grey ones {I have these, minus the elephants, but there are animals on the inside fabric, as you can see from the picture. Just adorable!}
 
 


And here is how I usually wear my Tom's. With skinny jeans rolled up and a white J. Crew soft cotton tee shirt with my red or grey Tom's. Casual but cute {again, if you don't hate them...}

 
 
I will definitely be getting another pair for the spring. I live in them on the weekends.
 
 
 
The next company that I love is Warby Parker. My husband and I order all of our glasses from them because:
 
A. The make the coolest glasses around.
B. They are only $95.00.
C. You can order 5 pairs to try on at home and then send them back.
D. For every pair of glasses they sell, a pair is donated to someone in need.
 
So, what's not to love? We are both about to order another pair {my husband actually owns more than I do! He is kind of obsessed now, at my ever so gentle urging...} He looks like a Harvard professor when he wears them. Kinda sexy and smart. I love it!
 


 
 

 
 
I really try to make an effort to spend my money where it matters. If I like a company and what they stand for, I am a very loyal customer. These two companies both have my loyalty!! Do you have a company that you stand by?
 
Happy Monday.
 
 
 
Pics via: pinterest, Tom's Shoes, Warby Parker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment