Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lookin' And Searchin' And Wishin' And Hopin'

I am having a cranky kind of day...

That being said, I can't find one single piece of furniture to refinish and it's really quite annoying.

I know what my problem is... I'm picky. I won't just buy any old piece because it's a good price. No, that just won't do. I will only buy a piece that has great bones and is interesting to me, that I love,  and that I would put in my own home. So now maybe you understand why I'm having trouble finding a piece.

You would think that I would never find pieces with that criteria. But that's not true. It can be the ugliest duckling you have ever seen, but I will have a vision for it. It's just that right now, there is nothing out there that is grabbing me. Nothing that I find beautiful even in its ugly state {if that makes sense...}

So it's kind of a waiting game right now. Which I'm okay with because this often happens in the winter. But I'm chomping at the bit to find a few diamonds in the rough right about now. I'm still working on my table and chairs. Like I said, I'm taking my time with that piece.

So that's why I haven't been posting many {or any} new pieces lately. I just don't have them! And trust me... it's driving me crazy. But as soon as I find some goodies, you will be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment