Friday, March 14, 2014

Make It Good...

Good morning my loves!

I've noticed something about my behavior lately that has been bugging me. All week long, I can't wait until the weekend. I know this is common with a lot of people, but I don't like that I'm doing this. I don't even know why I'm doing this because I love what I'm doing on Monday through Thursday, so it doesn't really make any sense!

Why can't every day feel like a Friday? Full of exhilaration and sweet anticipation... Why do I have to waste Monday through Thursday in a glossed over blur with the eager excitement of the weekend yet to come?

I'm kind of calling myself out here, because I tend to fix it when I am insightful enough to acknowledge it and want to change it. I don't want to live my life not FULLY engaged in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They are nice days, right? What did they ever do so wrong?

Each day is worthy of something great, something special, even if it's a Monday. It can be a Monday where I can grow and learn something new and see something that I've never seen before. Yes... even on a plain old Monday. I just need to open myself up to it. I just need to start being more aware. Life is too darn short to waste even one day. Right?

Have you ever noticed that on Mondays, I try to greet each blog post with a big, fat "Hello Monday." I'm trying in my own small way to welcome her into my week with open arms. To tell her: "you're alright girl. I know you get a bad rap, but in my book, you're okay..."

When I go to bed at night, right before I rest my head down on my pillow, I want to be able to say that I got the most out of my day. That I chose to get the most out of my day.

Now, on a side note, truthfully, I am really excited about this weekend because:

A. I unexpectedly got the entire day off today. {Now don't waste it!!!}
B. I'm going out to dinner with my brothers {spouses included!} to a fancy pants restaurant on Saturday night. I love hanging out with my family {does that make me weird?} Sometimes when we go out all together, we laugh so hard we could probably clear the restaurant out...
C. I am riding Isabel on Sunday.

Now those are all reasons for me to be excited...

But I am going to change my attitude towards Monday through Thursday starting today, right here, right now...





Yes, it IS!!!



I will be back blogging away on Monday, welcoming her into my week with delight and open arms! Won't you join me?

xo


pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment