Sunday, March 2, 2014

Little Paper Doll...

Hello Monday... {technically it's Sunday night, but I have to be at work early tomorrow morning, so I'm blogging tonight instead. Just roll with me here.}

Have you ever seen something going around social media that kind of captivates you?  Or takes your breath away just a tiny bit? This was something I saw the other day that I was absolutely enamored by and I had to share it with you. I love art, in all forms, including style and fashion. I appreciate all that goes into the making of any kind of art and appreciate the artisan behind it. It just makes the world a more beautiful place to be.

There was an article in the Huffington Post the other day about a 4 year old little girl and her mom who started making paper dresses. They started out making the dresses out of tape and construction paper... The mom's name is Angie and she calls her daughter "Mayhem." That alone made me want to read more.

This was the first dress they made. Cute, right? But as they evolve,  they become mesmerizing...



This is the first dress that Mayhem did all on her own. Again, cute, but keep reading...



Here is where my eyes became fixated on my computer screen. Look at the little paper ring too!



I think mother and daughter must be having a field day doing these magnificent paper dresses together. So much better than playing on an ipad, right? Finding that inner spark of creativity at such a young age... So amazing!



And then we come to the red carpet looks... OMG!


Seriously!



Are you kidding me? Stunning!



My favorite! Look at the headphones too... Insane. I can't believe this dress is made of paper!!!

 
 
Look at the hat and glasses. And the pose! 



Here is a quote from the mom:

"We use a lot of construction paper, but we also use tissue paper, wrapping paper, and gift bags. We have also used silk scarves, tulle, and aluminum foil. Basically, if we can find it laying around the house and it's pliable, it's fair game. Clear packing tape and glue are our adhesives of choice."
So great.
So inspiring.
So creative.
So cool.
xo
Hope you found a bit of inspiration here today!

Pictures via: @2sisters_angie.
Article via: Huffington Post.



No comments:

Post a Comment