Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Om... And Gettin' Crafty...

If you follow along on my blog, you know by now that I love yoga. It is such a great way to let go of stress, but more importantly, to keep your body limber. I have a wonderful yoga studio near me... It has kind of spoiled me to where I can't just go to a yoga class held in a school gymnasium anymore. I need the authentic vibe that a real yoga studio offers. The candles lit, incense burning, calm souls together, and my favorite teacher chanting. I do have a favorite teacher. She oozes calm and tranquility. I always hope that through osmosis, it seeps onto me if I sit close enough to her...

Anyway, my yoga mat is looking a little long in the tooth lately. I was thinking about getting a new one, but then I saw this:

 
I have no idea what kind of paint was used (hopefully non-toxic) or if it would last, but I really want to try this. Paint something on my mat instead of throwing it away. If I ruin it, then I can throw it away. But why waste it when I can try this!
 
 
 
And then I saw this, which really got me in the crafty spirit!

 
It's a yoga bag from Free People, but... maybe I could try sewing this??? I can't really sew, but I adore this bag and I adore being crafty... so it makes sense to give it a whirl, right?
 
 
 
This last picture is all about the community vibe of yoga... I love it. Like minded souls gathering for some peace and calm in their lives. So lovely...

 
 
 
Enjoy your day... And maybe even hit up a yoga class...
 
Om.
 
xo
 
 
 
pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment