Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sore To The Core...

So... today I started working out with a personal trainer.

She is fantastic.

I just decided that I needed and wanted to do this for myself. Yes, it's expensive, but it's all about health and wellness, so it's worth it...

I was a bit nervous at first. I was weighed and my body fat was measured. I was asked to write all that I eat in a "food journal" to see if I'm getting enough protein {which I'm probably not since I don't eat meat.} Workouts are twice a week.

I love the fact that it's not at a gym, but rather a studio. It was just the two of us. Her total focus and attention was on helping me to get the most out of my body and my workout. It was hard, but I feel really good now. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be sore to the core, but that's all part of this journey. Using muscles that have not been used. Challenging myself. Pushing myself. Sweating.

I am excited to see what comes next. I am no longer nervous. I feel invigorated. Energized. Strong. Happy. Yes, all of that from one workout.





xo

Pic via: pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment