Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Get Yer Groove On Miss Thang...

Hello fancy ladies.

So... I said I would keep you posted on my pursuit of fitness after my epic Crossfit failure.

I joined a new bootcamp studio. OMG, SO HARD! It's an hour long of non-stop hard core working out. I leave there dripping wet from head to toe. Pure exhaustion. And did I mention it's hot? Well it is and we do a lot of our workouts outside! Plus there is no air conditioning. Just fans. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

The first day I wondered if I could do it {oh no, not again!} That self doubt crept in. More like swooped in like a vulture for some road kill, but let's not split hairs.

After my first class, every part of my body hurt. But... I went back for another class. And another. Life is about choices, right? No one is putting a gun to my head making me go workout. I am consciously and deliberatly choosing my life for myself. Everyday it's a choice. Some people don't have that choice. They can't walk, can't see, have too much pain in their bodies to stand or move.

And sometimes I really don't have time... I have to force myself to make the time. Ain't easy, but I am worthy of one hour of my day spent only on me. We are all worthy of that!

I can't say I love it because that would be a lie. It's hard work and I feel good afterward that I pushed myself, and I am hopefully getting healthier in the process. I envision my arteries thanking me as they pump blood harder cleaning out all the gunk that can clog arteries. Yuck.

But I have to tell you, the whole time during class, I just want to forward-lunge-walk my way out that door. {Now that would be funny!} But I don't. And I keep going back. That is the key. Just go back.

I signed on for 10 classes. We'll see after 10 classes if it's still for me. The second class was easier than the first. The third class was easier than the second... You get my point. Maybe after 10 classes it will just be easy? Doubt it, but don't crush my dreams!

It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that working out has to be a lifestyle... not a phase, but a lifestyle. It's a must.


That is why I love this picture and quote so much:




This goes along the lines of self care. Putting your needs first is hard sometimes, but think about what the pilot tells you to do on an airplane if the cabin loses pressure... Put your mask on first, then the masks on loved ones. You can't help them if you're not okay. Makes perfect sense, right? Same goes with health.





I just love Miranda. And horses. And her quote. There is no such thing as perfect anyway. It's all about balance. Eat what you want sometimes. Don't deprive yourself. Just don't go overboard. BALANCE. It's hard for me to remember that, but it's liberating when I do. It's not dieting. It's eating better and being active yet still indulging once in a while.



And in a nutshell, this is where I am on my journey. It might change as I go along {of course it will change! It's the ebb and flow of life. I am a firm believer that change is good too.}

I hope you were inspired a bit to get yer groove on Little Miss Thang! Go out and dance, run, hula hoop, forward-lunge-walk, hop scotch, do leg lifts sitting on a chair, whatever, to get your body in motion. We're all in this together!

xo

pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment