Monday, February 17, 2014

Color Failure...

Hello Monday...

I painted this desk that belonged to my mom, then my brother, then to me... I was going to paint it Old White, but for some reason at the last minute, I decided to paint it Paris Grey. And guess what? I absolutely HATE it. But I love the desk!

Every time I walk into my living room, it makes me cringe a little. It's just the wrong color for this piece. Epic failure. I am going to repaint it Old White like I should have originally painted it.

It's funny how a piece just screams at me if it's the wrong color. I mean, I like Paris Grey, just not for this piece. It has only happened to me a handful of times. Usually I know it right away. This one took me a few days to decide. But now there is no going back. I will repaint it this weekend.

Do you see that book on the desk? It's a book about learning Latin that I bought at a warehouse tag sale for 50 cents. I bought it because of its pretty blue cover, but it doesn't hurt that my friends might think I'm studying Latin! Ha. And that old crate is filled with vintage milk bottles from the same warehouse tag sale. I love going to that place. And the antique spur was a gift from my brother. Not that I use spurs, but I still think it's cool.

I'm going to start doing a better job of taking "before" pictures. I always forget to do that. But I promise I will post an  "after" picture of this once I paint it Old White!



No comments:

Post a Comment