Friday, February 7, 2014

My Posse...

I don't have a sister. Growing up, I felt like I did. We were inseparable... We met when we were 7 years old and lived right next door to each other. It was kind of perfect.

We were like this:

 Blonde and brunette... The dynamic duo... We still are friends to this day, but she lives across the country now, so we don't get to see each other very often. Sigh.



Since I don't have a sister {but I do have 3 amazing brothers!} I treasure my girlfriends. I went out to dinner with two of them last night. We had such a great time eating, drinking, laughing, catching up and telling stories... A night of fun that we all needed badly!

Through the years, I have come to understand the importance of true friendships. People can have a lot of friends, but usually there are only one or two who you can depend on for anything in life. Even being married with kids, cherishing these ladies in your life is one of the keys to happiness... 
 
Of course I have been meeting new girlfriends as the years go on, but nothing is like an old friend! It's like having that built-in sister. Oh how I wished growing up that one of my brother's was a girl... {But now I like having 3 older brothers!}
 
 
My friends and I laugh all the time. We have the best time together.

 
 
 
 
We can be silly and fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.



My best friend and I are truly like sisters. I adore her.



And someday, I hope we are like this...




And when we're in the party kind of mood, I hope we're like this! My posse...


 
Today and every day I celebrate and cherish my girlfriends. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment