Friday, February 21, 2014

Loving Life...

I feel so lucky that I can say that I love my life. I have worked hard to create a life I love; it did not just fall into my lap. I have nurtured what I want more of, cut out what I want less of and appreciate all that I do have. My mindset is one of choosing happiness. That certainly doesn't mean I don't have bad days. I just try not to dwell on them, but rather feel them, then let them pass. It isn't always easy. Here is what I have tried to cultivate and create in my life so far.


My mantra:



A lifestyle of ease and simplicity. Animals bring an earthy organic feeling into my world.





I try hard to remember to have days like this... not always rush, rush, rush.



Dining with family and friends. Feeling connected.



Or dining alone with my husband. Enjoying his company.



Resting. I am a firm believer in resting my body. Naps are good. Naps in hammocks even better.



Resting my body but working my brain. Reading is a part of my life every night before bed. Even if it's only for two minutes.


And resting my brain... Meditation is so important to learn how to slow my mind down. Just breathe. Bask in the glow.


 
Working my body, making it strong. Yoga centers me.
 


Having fun... Play is so important to me. Riding my bike gives me a workout but also lets me have fun.



More play... but also being green. Riding my vespa is so much fun all summer long, and allows me to leave a smaller footprint on this earth.


Going to farmer's markets is great fun over the summer. And eating right does a body good.




More play. Riding is fun and great exercise. My best friend recently said she doesn't know how to play, even with her kids. It's hard for her to let loose and play. I will have to work with her on that! I'm extra good at it...



Decorating gets my creative juices flowing. It allows me to step outside of the box.


As does painting. Art makes the soul happy. Expression in any medium is liberating. Letting one's inner child out to play is priceless.


Enjoying the moment. Being present. I continue to work on this every day. I can say it's a work in progress... Not easy. But so worth it.


This is my life and my journey. The life I have cultivated and nurtured for myself. The life I have created. No, of course it's not perfect, but I absolutely love it.


xo



Pics: via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment