Monday, February 24, 2014

Mi Familia...

Good morning and hello Monday!

Phew, I had a weekend filled with family. For a lot people, that can be a little, um, stressful. For me, it is usually just fun {99% of the time...}

Friday night I was supposed to go out to dinner with my brothers. We love a spouse-free dinner once in a while just so we can stay a tight knit group of siblings. We also go out as couples, but we make sure to go out as siblings about once a month. But I didn't end up going on Friday {I was too tired} but they did.

Saturday night we went out with my sister-in-law and her husband. Lots of laughing. And margaritas...

Sunday my nephew was baptized. It was lovely. We were all together to watch this wonderful moment in his life. Beautiful.

Sunday night we went to dinner with my in-laws. Fun and more laughing.

So it was busy, but in a good kind of way. Here is what I think about family:

 
 
I also think some people have made their own families out of friends and people they love. And that is just awesome too!!
 
 
Here is another way to view family: I can probably definitely think of at least one family member for each of these statements...


 
 
 
 
But mostly, I think of my family like this:


Spending time with my family is the "big things" in life. Watching my nephew get baptized was one of those moments that only happens once in life. You miss it... you miss it. So I will make every effort I can to be there for the little and big things in my family. I don't want to look back and have regrets...

xo



pics: via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment