Saturday, February 15, 2014

I've Got Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day...

Or... on a snowy day...

My sunshine is my girl Isabel. I usually ride on Thursday morning but since it snowed, we rescheduled it for this morning.

We had the Best. Ride. Ever.

She isn't the easiest horse to ride. There are only a few people who can handle her. You know that expression: give an inch, take a mile? That's her. She's a Morgan, smart as a whip and is always three steps ahead of the game if I'm not completely focused on what I'm doing.

She has the best personality. She can either be fiery hot or calm and cool. Depends on her mood. If you're getting on her nerves, she will let you know. That's what I love about her. She teaches me so much and makes me work for what I want. She pushes me out of my comfort zone and challenges me every ride. It's never just hop on and ride easy peasy. No, she does not work like that. It's "hop on and if you ask me right and keep up with me, I'll give you what you want." It's "be a confident and respectful leader and I'll let you lead me."

When she gets really excited, she gives a playful little buck to her hind legs. She's not trying to buck me off or anything {trust me, if she really wanted me off, I would be on the ground!} She's just happy and having fun. Then it's time to work. She knows when it's time to work and when it's time to play. Sometimes she wants to play before the work is finished.

When we have a great ride it's exhilarating. So powerful. And today, I had my sunshine on a snowy Saturday with my girl Isabel. Ugh, love her so much!






Pic: via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment