Wednesday, September 24, 2014

30 Day Challenge... Day 10... The Purge...

Basically if it's not nailed down, it's out the door...

Just kidding.

But I am getting rid of more than half of my clothing {donating of course!}

So far I have two humongous trash bags FULL of clothes that I purged. And I'm not even nearly finished.

I had a few free hours this morning and decided to take advantage of it. I took every single piece of clothing out of my closet and went through it. Quite a task for a Wednesday morn! I made 3 huge piles: throw away, donate, keep. Anything going back into that closet has to be something I really like and wear a lot. Next, I will file each piece by season and make the whole closet color coded. Imagine that?! And if your closet already looks like that, bless you my little Martha Stewart! Your skills are very admirable!

My shoe collection is next. My hubby will be so proud of me for this one. He teases me all the time for the amount of shoes that I have. 

I want to have a few basics that are quality pieces, clean, crisp and well made. And I will just rotate them wisely.

I can't stand having tons of stuff anymore. Seriously driving me crazy. Don't want it. Don't need it. Just clutter in my life. It will make me think once, twice, three, even four times before buying anything new. I will look for any holes in my wardrobe staples and buy only what is needed. If and when something new comes in, something old will definitely get donated. One in... one out... and that's how I'm gonna roll...

Can you tell I woke up with a bee in my bonnet this morning about clutter?! Ha!

By Sunday, my mission will be complete. Totally pared down, totally organized, totally simplified.

So my 30 Day Challenge for Day 10 is: PURGE.

Just let it go... let it go. And the peace will follow.

~Namaste

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment