Monday, September 8, 2014

Fixer Upper = Awesome...

It was a long weekend. Filled with lots of emotions yet some fun things too.

We didn't get around to painting the dining room as planned but... I'm glad now because I think I'm changing my mind about the color. I think I will get sick of blue. I think I need more neutral with blue accents.

My new absolute favorite decorating show is called Fixer Upper on HGTV. I love the couple who is on the show and I love her eye for decorating. She does an industrial farmhouse look for most of her projects which is exactly what I am turning my house into. They live in a farmhouse in Waco, Texas and they take old houses and not only renovate them but also decorate them for the new owner. She also owns a store called Magnolia with some really cool stuff. Go visit her website!

They make such a lovely couple. I can't tell you how sick I am of that show Love It or List It. The bickering hosts made me cringe.

Fixer Upper is like a breath of fresh air. They are a married couple with four kids who adore each other and give a bit of friendly banter back and forth along the way. Super adorable. The husband rescues newborn calves who were abandoned by their momma's. Sweet, huh. And they also have goats! Hello? I want goats so badly! Just 2. And no horns...

Anyway, if you love to decorate in the farmhouse industrial style, you should tune in. They are a refreshing change to what is on television these days. I love that she uses words like "couch" instead of "sofa." She is just a regular girl in a regular world. Can't wait until the new season begins!


Here is a picture of their farmhouse that can be seen on her blog: magnoliahomes.net/blog. Tune in for some great tips and advice!




And a few of their sweet little goats. Love.




Hope you enjoy this show as much as I do! You can also find her at www.themagnoliamom.com.

Pictures via: www.magnoliahomes.net/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment