Friday, September 26, 2014

30 Day Challenge... Day 11... No Way Jose...

I didn't blog yesterday, so technically I'm on day 11 today.

A few days ago I blogged about saying yes to more things in life, but... saying NO is just as important.

No thanks. I would love to but I can't. I have other plans but thanks for thinking of me. Count me out tonight. Maybe next time.

There is this thing called "The Disease to Please." Do you have that? The need to be liked and always jumping for everyone else even when it doesn't fit at all within your schedule of a million things to do that day?

I wouldn't exactly say I have The Disease to Please {okay, not even close} but sometimes I don't like saying no because I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. Or I just plain old feel guilty if I say no.

We all only have a certain amount of energy in our fuel tanks. To deplete that tank is never a good thing. Saying yes to everything that comes your way is a sure way to dry up any reserve fuel in the tank. It's important to consider whether you say yes or no to something. Not a knee jerk response of yes. Make it a thoughtful decision. And remembering it's okay to say no.

So my 30 Day Challenge for Day 11 is: SAYING NO... IT'S NOT A SWEAR WORD! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment