Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Beauty Of October...

Hello friends.

October is my favorite month of the year.

I anticipate its arrival with bated breath.

It is when Connecticut takes a leap into another world that is bursting with color. The leaves become shades of orange, yellow and red that drip from the trees. It is always quite breathtaking. People drive from all over to see the "fall foliage" in New England.

I love decorating for fall. Hay bales, corn stalks, pumpkins, gourds, candles, all of it. I like to decorate with natural elements, not so much "Halloween" decor. I also love putting cloves and cinnamon sticks in a cast iron pot to simmer on our wood burning stove. It makes my whole house smell delicious.


Oh how I love a good pumpkin patch at a farm!



Yum! Hot cider!



Gorgeous decor for the porch!



Just pretty...



Fun fall sign!



Fall invigorates me and kind of gears me up for a fresh start. Usually people pick January 1st as their day to make some changes. I pick a day in October. The air is cool and crisp and makes me want to get moving outdoors. I don't do well in the heat... it's just hard for me to breathe. When it's cool, I exercise more, eat better and sleep better. The one down side to the fall is that it gets dark at 5:00 PM. No bueno in my book. I wish it would stay light out until 7:00 PM year round.

Another thing I love about fall is style. I love to wear my jeans, tall boots, a scarf and my J. Crew puffer vest. It's my favorite and most comfortable look. These boots are at the top of my wish list!




Enjoy your day.

xo

Pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment