Thursday, September 11, 2014

Having Faith...

I try to be as authentic as possible on my blog.

Some days are good... some aren't.

Today is 9/11, making it a day of reflection.

But today is also the day of my friend's wake. I woke up this morning with a pit in my stomach. I tossed and turned all night. I don't think I can go. The feeling of guilt for making that decision was overwhelming. But as the morning progressed, I reflected deeper... I want to remember her spirit as vibrant and feisty with that mischievous sparkle in her eye. I want to remember her laughter and her love of art. I want to remember her intelligence and curiosity. I want to remember her love of yoga and natural things. I want to remember her funny sense of humor. I don't want to remember her in a casket. I can hardly even type that sentence.

I know this isn't a happy post, but it's how I feel today and I needed to share. Sometimes just writing about things is a good cathartic release. I will visit her after I can wrap my brain around it a little more. I know she is in a beautiful place now and I can almost hear her giggling and happy with no more sadness in her heart. I have Faith in that...


 
 



xo

pics via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment