Monday, September 29, 2014

Day 14... Go Outside...

The weekend in Connecticut was simply beautiful. We broke records. It felt like a summer day in July yesterday. Downright hot!

My friends on facebook posted all these glorious things they did outdoors.

My truth is that I did not get outdoors nearly enough to enjoy it. Yes, I was out and about doing things. But I didn't enjoy it as I should have. I was busy. {Still on my mission of cleaning out my closet, I filled 6 giant trash bags for donation. I was painting my stair risers. I was volunteering.}

As I was drinking a cup of coffee this morning looking out my kitchen window, I saw a huge hawk flying around in my backyard.  My husband filled the birdfeeders so maybe he was looking for a bite to eat... Or a bird to eat.

But it made me stop and think... nature is so simple and beautiful. I feel like I missed out on a great weekend! Going outside is such therapy for the mind, body and soul. Especially at this time of year when the days are crisp and the nights are cool. It's the perfect weather to get outside!

And I need to do more of it. Much more of it. Life is short, right? I don't want to kick myself on a Monday because I didn't enjoy the weekend. Who cares about being busy... there are more important things to do, such as enjoying the warmth of the sun, the fresh air, the colors, nature...


 
 
xo
 
Pic via: pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment